The finest graphic cards have long been the subject of heated debate. The following table, titled “Radeon pro duo vs 1080,” compares the features of AMD Radeon Pro Duo versus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080.
So, to speak, Radeon pro duo vs 1080. How are they different? In the games with the chosen settings, Radeon Pro Duo appears to be better than GeForce GTX 1080. GeForce GTX 1080 has a 31-day advantage over the faster Radeon Pro Duo.
What are the Benefits of the AMD Radeon Pro Duo?
With Apex Warriors, it outperforms the GeForce GTX 1080 by up to 2% – 209 versus 204 FPS.
What are the Benefits of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
180 Watts compared to 350 Watts, which is up 49% lower power over AMD Radeon Pro Duo. 8 GB against 4 GB of VRAM storage, which is up over 100 percent greater over AMD Radeon Pro Duo.
AMD Radeon Pro Duo: What is It?
On April 26, 2016, AMD introduced the Radeon Pro Duo, a premium video card for enthusiasts. The board implements DirectX 12. It is made using a 28 nm manufacturing and is built upon that Capsaicin XT graphics chip.
Eight thousand nine hundred million circuits, as well as a die size of 596 mm2, make up the vast graphics chipset of any Capsaicin. The power of Radeon Pro Duo is increased by combining two graphics chipsets. Each GPU has 4096 lighting modules, 256 texture modules, plus 64 ROPs.
The Radeon Pro Duo and 8 GB HBM storage have been linked by AMD. Every GPU maintains 4,096 MB, and the things are connected via a 4096-bit storage connection. The warehouse operates at 500 MHz, while the GPU runs at 1000 MHz.
Having a peak power demand of 350 W and three 8-pin supply connections per slot, this AMD Radeon Pro Duo graphics card is a two-slot device. One HDMI 1.4a and three DisplayPort 1.2 links are available for displays.
PCI-Express 3.0 x16 is used as the connection between Radeon Pro Duo and the system as a whole. A dual-slot conditioning system is present here on the card, which has dimensions of 277 mm in length as well as 111 inches in width. When it first went on sale, it cost $1499.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080: What is It?
On May 27, 2016, NVIDIA released the top-tier GeForce GTX 1080 video card. The GP104-400-A1 version of the GP104 graphics chip, which is developed here on 16 nm manufacturing, is used in the item’s DirectX 12 compatibility.
The GeForce GTX 1080 would be able to run all current games thanks to the above. Seven thousand two hundred million circuits, as well as a die size of 314 mm2, make up the GP104 graphics chipset, which is a sizable chip. It includes 64 ROPs, 160 image transformation cells, and 2560 coloring modules.
A GeForce GTX 1080 and 8 GB of GDDR5X storage have been matched by NVIDIA, and they are coupled by a 256-bit storage connection. Storage runs at 1251 MHz, while the GPU operates at a speed of 1607 MHz which may be increased to 1733 MHz.
As a dual-slot card, its NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 uses a single 8-pin power connection with a peak power demand of 180 W. One DVI, one HDMI 2.0, and three DisplayPort 1.4a ports are available for displays.
The PCI-Express 3.0 x16 connection is used to link the GeForce GTX 1080 to the system’s remaining components. The board is dual-slot cooled, and its measurements are 267 mm by 112 mm by 40 mm. 599 dollars were the purchase price upon debut.
Radeon Pro Duo vs 1080
Radeon Pro Duo
- Floating-point efficiency is 7.97 TFLOPS greater.
- More rapid texturing rate of 254.9 GTexels/s.
- Another 5632 coloring units.
- Three hundred fifty-two extra units of texture mapping (TMUs).
- Additional 48 renderer output units (ROPs).
- Additional memory capacity of 704GB/s.
- The memory bus is 7936 bits wider.
- The OpenCL 0.8 update.
- GPU temperature under load is 83°C.
- GPU resting temperature is controlled by 30°C.
- Less noise from the load, 48.6 dB.
- Reduced idling noise by 37.3 dB.
- When idling, power use is reduced by 74W.
- An additional 1700,000,000 transistors.
- Cools using air and water.
- 267mm smaller.
- 111 mm less.
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
- Increased GPU clock speed by 607MHz.
- GPU turbo performance increased by 1733MHz.
- The memory clock frequency is 2000MHz quicker.
- Possesses double accuracy calculating points (DPFP).
- A 9000MHz increase in the efficient memory clock frequency.
- GDDR storage version 5 or above.
- Aids in visual effects.
- Enables 3D.
- Capability for four additional GPUs.
- There is one extra HDMI port.
- There is one extra DVI output.
- TDP is 170W less.
- 12nm lower semiconductor area
Radeon Pro Duo vs 1080. The Best of the Two?
Arguments in Favor of the GeForce GTX 1080
- One hundred seventy watts less power use. When the existing power source is unable to support the Radeon Pro Duo, this could be a great case.
- Has PhysX compatibility.
- Enables G-Sync.
- Encourages ShadowPlay. Enables the recording and broadcasting of matches with the least performance impact.
- Allows for Async Compute in Direct3D 12
Why you Should Think about Radeon Pro Duo?
- The theoretical game speed is higher, depending on requirements.
- Async Compute in Direct3D 12 is supported.
- Enables FreeSync.
- Enables game capturing and broadcasting with the least effectiveness possible, thanks to ReLive compatibility.
- Enables TrueAudio.
How Far Would the Video Card Continue to Support Released Videogames Recently, and When Should you Start Thinking about Replacing Your Card Inside the PC?
Radeon Pro Duo 8GB & GeForce GTX 1080. Prior to an update, two to three years of high-end gaming.
What are the Decent PC Visuals Improved Version?
Radeon Pro Duo 8GB
Your Radeon Pro Duo 8GB cannot be upgraded because there are no video cards available that would offer a significant enough significant boost.
GeForce GTX 1080
Your GeForce GTX 1080 cannot be upgraded because there are no video cards available that would offer a significant boost.
Check Out This Video,
VIDEO CREDITS: Tech Showdown YouTube Channel
Discover More: Related Articles You Can’t Miss