The process is simple if you want to transfer your Ecobee smart thermostat ownership. You may guarantee a smooth ownership transition by following a few straightforward actions. This article will give you the information you need to transfer the Ecobee device to another one. We will review the crucial procedures to hand over the Ecobee to a new owner so they can benefit from smart home temperature control, from removing the device from your account to resetting it for a new setup.
Why would you Need to Transfer your Ecobee to a New Owner?
You might need to transfer your Ecobee smart thermostat to a new owner for several reasons. Two typical circumstances are moving to a new house or selling the house where the Ecobee is now placed.
The new owner can benefit from the Ecobee’s energy-saving capabilities and individualized climate control by simply transferring the device to them.
It enables customers to easily control their home temperature and fast set up the thermostat to their preferences. Transferring the Ecobee guarantees a smooth transfer and enables the new owner to take advantage of a smart thermostat system’s advantages.
Can Ecobee have Two Owners?
The answer is no. Having two owners is not supported by an Ecobee system. The user who originally built the Ecobee Home was supposed to be the only owner of each home.
The Ecobee thermostat’s settings and functionalities are completely accessible to the owner, who also has administrative control over them. The thermostat’s configuration, schedule, and preferences must be managed and modified by them.
Guests or approved users can be added to the home but are not granted ownership or administrative authority.
Depending on the rights the owner allows, authorized users or visitors may have restricted access to operate the thermostat, see information, or make adjustments. The authorized owner retains ultimate authority over and ownership of the Ecobee system.
How Do I Unregister a Device from Ecobee?
Follow these procedures to unregister a device from the Ecobee app.
- You need to open the Ecobee app on your smartphone.
- Use your login information to access your Ecobee account.
- Select the ‘Home’ option from the app home screen.
- Select the exact Ecobee device you want to unregister from the list.
- The ‘Main Menu icon’ can be identified by three horizontal lines or dots. Click on it.
- Go to the menu displays and choose ‘Device Settings.’
- Click the ‘Remove Device’ option in the Device Settings menu.
You will see a confirmation option asking you to confirm the removal. Tap on ‘Remove Device’ again to finalize the unregistering process.
By following these instructions, you can successfully unregister the specified Ecobee device from your Ecobee app. By taking this decision, the device will no longer be linked to your account and will no longer be reachable or controllable through the app.
How to Transfer the Ecobee to a New Owner?
A new owner can get an Ecobee thermostat in a few different ways.
- The use of the Ecobee app is one approach. Open the Ecobee app on your smartphone.
- Tap the ‘Account Manage’ icon. It locates commonly in the upper-left corner of the Home Overview screen.
- Choose ‘Manage Homes’ from the list of choices.
- Click on the previous address connected to your Ecobee thermostat.
- Choose ‘Edit’ and type in the new owner’s address information.
- Next, select ‘Save home.’
You can reset the Ecobee device to factory settings. You can do this by using the Ecobee web portal or the reset option in the device’s settings menu. Another option is to contact Ecobee support and ask for a manual reset.
You can transfer ownership by updating the app’s address information or performing a reset to give the new owner a fresh start by following these instructions. Ensure the new owner can effectively set up the Ecobee for their house. Be sure to provide them with any setup instructions that may be required.
How to Register a New User with Ecobee?
Follow these procedures to add a new user to your Ecobee account and home.
- Open the Ecobee app on your smartphone.
- An icon for ‘Account’ is usually located in the top-left corner of the screen. Choose this option.
- Choose ‘Manage Homes’ from the Account menu. Then you can see the list of homes connected to your Ecobee account.
- Select the specific home to which you want to extend a membership invitation.
- Choose ‘Home Members’ from the home information screen to manage the list of current members.
- Select ‘Invite New Member’ from the menu.
- Enter the person’s email address you want to invite as a new member.
- You can customize the member’s access and permissions depending on the Ecobee app version.
- After entering the email address, click the ‘Send’ or ‘Invite’ buttons.
An email invitation to become a member of the Ecobee Home will be sent to the new user. They must follow the email’s instructions to accept the invitation and set up their Ecobee account. After signing up, they will have access to and control over the Ecobee thermostat connected to the home they were invited to.
You may quickly register a new user with Ecobee and give them access to your Ecobee Home by following these instructions.
Can you Transfer your Ecobee Warranty to the New Owner?
The Ecobee warranty cannot be transferred to a new owner. The warranty is only given to the original buyer.
It is only good for as long as stated in the warranty’s terms and conditions. When a device is reset to its factory settings, the warranty does not automatically transfer to a new owner.
The warranty coverage remains with the original buyer and cannot be passed on to a new owner.
The original purchaser would be responsible for addressing any warranty claims or coverage during the Ecobee-specified warranty period.
Can I Just Reset and Add a New Owner to Ecobee?
The answer is yes. You may change who owns an Ecobee house by taking the following actions.
- Tap the ‘Account’ option in the Ecobee app’s bottom right corner after opening it.
- Select ‘Manage Homes’ to view the homes connected to your Ecobee account.
- Please select the name of the house you want to add a new owner to by tapping on it.
- Click ‘EDIT’ under the name ‘Home.’
- Only tap the green ‘SAVE’ button to update the owner information and re-save the home.
The new owner may need to sign out of the app and back in again after saving the changes for them to take effect.
You can reset your Ecobee for a new owner through the web portal, the thermostat, or the mobile app. The system will be reset to its factory settings and enable the new owner to set up and customize it by doing this.
Watch this one,
Video Credits – Owner’s Manuals
You May Also Like
- How to Update Ecobee Firmware? Keeping Your Ecobee Up-to-Date!
- Does Ecobee Work with Ring? Get the Answer Here!
- How to Calibrate the Ecobee Thermostat? Mastering Temperature Precision!
- How to Factory Reset Ecobee? Restoring Default Settings!
- Can you Lock an Ecobee Thermostat? Keep Control in Your Hands!